Find a Post

Monday 5 January 2015

2014 Favorites



As it's the beginning of a new year and I've only just began this new blog of mine, I'd like to let you in on some of my favorite things. I have been enjoying many different products throughout 2014 so I thought I could share some of the things I've been loving most with you :-) let me know if you enjoy them too!

1) My first favorite is the Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation in Ivory. The color is a perfect match for my skin and the coverage is just right for my liking! It hides all imperfections and is very easily applied with a brush or with fingers. This foundation is my all time fave, go-to foundation and it is also not too pricey; excellent if you're on a tight budget! You can find it in most drug-stores.




2) My second favorite is also a make-up product, MAC's Satin Lipstick in the shade Brave. I've been loving it towards the end of the year as it's a really subtle, natural lipstick and it is quick and easy to whip on when going for a natural make-up look! It's not messy or fiddly at all like dark lipsticks are where you have to be careful not to smudge over your lip line. This lipstick is quite pricey if you're on a budget so I would recommend Kate Moss for Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in shade 08 for a cheaper alternative!






3) The best primer I have found recently has got to be Benefit's POREfessional, it's amazing. But I don't know why it costs so much; it keeps my make-up on well all day long (even on the most greasy ares of my skin). When only applying the primer and a little bit of concealer my skin looks smooth as a babies bum! Another primer that works awesomely on my skin is Maybelline's Baby Skin - works up to my expectations perfectly and is also a MUCH cheaper alternative, practically identical to how Benefit's POREfessional works on my skin. Impressed!





4) To finish off my make-up favorites I'm going to tell you about the Rimmel London Brow This Way Brow Sculpting Kit. It is so easy to use and the arched brushes and my brows have been looking much tidier and fuller while using this product to fill in my eye-brows. Definitely the best I've discovered so far and I'm continuing to love it!





5) Throughout the whole of 2014 I have been addicted to Neutrogena's Visibly Clear Gentle Exfoliating Wash, it has worked wonders on my skin and tackled most of my blemishes with excellence! I have naturally greasy in parts, dry in parts and spot-prone skin and it seems to tackle all three disadvantages to my skin well.




6) My statement perfume in 2014 was most definitely Revlon Charlie Red, it's such a casual, gorgeous scent and I adore it. I'd say so far it is my all-time favorite. It stays around all day and I can't get bored of it, it's such a welcoming smell. There's not much else I can say about it! Love, love, love it!




7) By the end of 2014 I was (still am) absolutely loving Zoe (Zoella)'s book Girl Online. I'm hooked! It's such a relate-able book to many teens, things that happen to Penny really apply to myself and many other teenage girls. Definitely recommend reading it! In fact it's Zoe's book that has inspired me to created a blog. 



8) Taylor Swift's album 1989 has to be the best album EVER. I have honestly never lover an album as much as this one! Every song is perfectly catchy and relate-able in different ways; my favorite song from the album has to be either Welcome to New York or Bad Blood. Tay's voice is so soothing and I just love her. Awesome. (Available on iTunes).




9) An iPhone application I've been enjoying between lessons in sixth form is 'Heads Up!' it's such a hilarious app that is the same as the 'Who am I?' but records everyone who tries to express to you what you are, watching the video back is hilarious and there is also a timer which makes it even more exciting! You can get it on Google Play and the App Store.




10) And finally my favorite fast food of 2014... Most definitely an Italian BMT on Hearty Italian Bread from Subway! I had never tried a Subway before it came to my hometown (a VERY small town, it's shocking Subway has came here), there was a massive hype when it had just opened and a few of us school kids were getting free Subways on the first day of opening so obviously, I jumped at the chance! So my first Subway was free and it won me over, I've been loving it ever since!




I hope you enjoyed taking an insight on my 2014 faves! Tell me some of yours in the comments below if you like :)

Love, Ceri Xx

















2 comments: